He is one of the film’s biggest box office actors but his numerous scandals in his private life take all the attention. A review of the life of a brilliant and chameleonic performer who dreamed of being a rock star
He was a couple of Kate Moss and Winona Ryder. He is one of the best-paid men in Hollywood and Tim Burton’s favorite. He is friends with Eddie Vedder and Marilyn Manson. It’s been a while since everyone talks about him not because of his work in the cinema but because of his scandalous personal life. His former Amber Heard denounced him for abuse and faces a legal battle against his former administrators whom he accuses of wasting his fortune. At age 54, the bad guy from Hollywood remains in the spotlight. A review of the life of an interpreter who was not yet recognized with an Oscar despite his extensive career and popularity thanks to films such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Panic, and Madness in Las Vegas and The young hands of scissors.
Hard childhood John Christopher Depp II was born in Owensboro, Kentucky, on June 9, 1963. He is the son of JohnChristopher DeppandBetty Sue Palmer. He has a brother, Daniel and two sisters: Christie and Debbie. During his childhood, he moved several times until he settled in Florida. In 1978, at the age of fifteen, his parents divorced. “I can not say that my childhood was perfect if I did something wrong, they beat me, if not, too.”
- Rockstar. They gave him his first guitar when he was 12 years old and he fell in love with music, so he decided to leave school and devote himself completely to forming his first band. His first garage band was Flame and then The Kids, with the latter was the opening act for emblematic bands of the eighties such as Duran Duran, Iggy Pop, and B-52. He later joinedRock City Angels. Since 2015 he plays with Hollywood Vampires with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry.
- All thanks to Nicolas Cage. The makeup artist Lori Anne Allison, who divorced in 1985 after two years of marriage, was the one who introduced him to Nicolas Cage in 1983, who would convince him to venture into the world of cinema. Depp attended a casting and ended up getting her first role in the movie Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) by Wes Craven.
- It has 26 tattoos. Over the years he has been tattooing different motifs on his body. One of them was the name of his ex, the actress Winona Ryder, the one that changed byWino Forever(Drunk forever) once they separated in 1993 after three years of relationship. She also has on her skin a heart with the letters Betty Sue in honor of her mother and the name of her children, Lily-Rose Melody (18) and John (16). In an interview, Depp talked about the brands he chose to have forever. “My body is my diary and my tattoos are my story”.
- He is Tim Burton’s choice. He worked in eight films with the renowned American filmmaker. Edward Scissorhands (The young hands of scissors) in 1990, was the first. They followed: Ed Wood (1994), Sleepy Hollow (1999), Dark Shadows (2012), Alice in Wonderland(2010), Sweeny Todd (2007), The Corpse of the Bride (2005), Charlie and the chocolate factory (2005). But not only work unites them. They are also family. Depp es godfather Bill Ray, son of actress Helena Boham Carter and Burton.
- He entered the Guinness Book of Records. It was in 2012, and he did it as the highest paid actor in the cinema, receiving that year a sum of 75 million dollars per film.
- He never won an Oscar. He was nominated three times by Sweeney Todd (2007), Finding Neverland (2004) and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003).
- Fanatic of the Rolling Stone. For his peculiar character, the pirate Jack Sparrow has inspired by Keith Richards, the guitarist of the famous British band. Depp convinced Richards to be his dad in the Pirates of the Caribbean: At the End of the World (2007).
- Caprichos in excess. He is in one of his worst personal moments due to a millionaire debt and a legal dispute with his former administrators. In recent years, he has stoned his millions in eccentric luxuries like an island in the Bahamas and a vineyard in the south of France.
- Their loves. He was Kate Moss’s boyfriend from 1994 to 1998. He was engaged to Jennifer Gray (yes, the actress of Dirty Dancing), with whom he left in 1989, and to Winona Ryder, his partner from 1989 to 1993. He never married Vanessa Paradis, the mother of her two children, Lily-Rose and Jack.
- Denunciation for gender violence. The actress Amber Heard made public that the actor physically assaulted her. After a year and a half of relationship, he asked for a divorce from the star.