Take note of how to improve your dental health and of the remedies you can use to eliminate unsightly tartar from your teeth.
One of the most common problems of dental health is the appearance of tartar on the teeth. Dental plaque, also called dental tartar, is formed by the calcareous plaque caused by food, drink or saliva residues. When it is not removed, it begins to solidify and to dirty the teeth. What can I do to remove tartar from my teeth?
Tartar is much more than an aesthetic problem that should be remedied to prevent dental diseases, such as inflammation or bleeding gums. Tartar can also cause bad breath. In addition to daily oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist, we have natural remedies to prevent and avoid tooth tartar.
Natural remedies for dental tartar
The presence of dental plaque is visible due to the yellowish tone, and to the touch, it has a rough surface. How to remove tartar from teeth?
Food to remove tartar
There are some foods, especially fruits and vegetables, that consumed raw favor the natural cleaning of the teeth and the removal of tartar before it adheres to the teeth.
- Apple (eat with shell).
- Orange, for its contribution to vitamin C that eliminates microorganisms from the mouth.
- Strawberries (eat them, and rub your teeth with strawberries, letting act a few minutes).
Baking soda for tartar
Baking soda is one of the most versatile remedies and it can also be used to prevent tartar. Add a pinch of baking soda in a glass of water, moisten the brush bristles and brush the teeth.
Activated carbon for tartar
The uses of activated charcoal include helping to fight tooth decay and whitening teeth. Activated charcoal can be purchased in herbalists. It should be used sparingly so as not to damage the enamel.
A home remedy that consists of chewing a small handful of sesame seeds, but without swallowing them, and rubbing the teeth with the dry brush before rinsing. Its particular texture helps to clean the teeth.
Homemade toothpaste for tartar
- Baking soda (3 tablespoons).
- Coconut oil (half a cup).
- Stevia powder (2 tablespoons).
- Peppermint or lemon essential oil (10-20 drops).
Mix the bicarbonate, oil, and stevia, and then add the essential oil, until you get a homogeneous paste to use as a toothpaste. Store in a glass container.
Tips to improve dental health
- Brush your teeth at least three times a day.
- Choose the right toothbrush and renew it every 3 months.
- Use dental floss
- Perform mouth rinses to complete the cleaning.
- Avoid foods rich in sugar or starch, and if you take them, rinse your mouth.
- Visit the dentist at least 2 times a year.