What you need to know to choose your new smartphone
The features to look for when buying a new mobile phone.
Some of the most advanced phones will be presented in the coming weeks and months, so here is a guide to understanding which are the functions that we should not forget when choosing our next smartphone. Everything depending on what our priority is.
From computers based on Apple Ios or multiple brands that use Google’s Android operating system. The options are many and the models and benefits very varied.
The main recommendation for advanced users who have a smartphone that works properly is to wait a little longer and wait for the next versions of the flagship phones. Is that the changes are so fast that companies present phones every 4 to 6 months and having multiple companies increasingly popular, almost presents more than one phone per month.
Another additional point is that when waiting a bit, the phones that are now the most expensive, in a few weeks will come down in price when other competitive equipment is presented. Sometimes some weeks can mean promotions and important discounts.
For some people, the price is the most important factor. For others the benefits are the key to their choice: some prefer more battery, others more processing power and of course, many prefer the camera.
The competition is so fierce that the good news is that you do not have to spend the high money that the most advanced flagship mobiles cost. It is the most promoted teams in the market and the most popular, until now. It is that companies that were not so well known, are expanding their distribution and come with very advanced smartphones, sometimes more than the flagship, and at a lower price.
When the phones are presented:
- January: Usually mid-range teams at the CES fair in Las Vegas.
- February: Teams of all ranges and ranks at the Mobile World Congress, MWC.
- March and April: Presentations of Samsung, LG, and Huawei.
- May, June, and July: OnePlus and Motorola.
- August and September: iPhone, Samsung Galaxy Note, and Moto Z.
- October November and December: Google Pixel, LG V, One Plus and Huawei Mate.
Of course, these are the traditional models and many brands or even the best known sometimes surprise us with unexpected options and surprise ads.
Now yes, the recommendations that you should not miss:
Know what is most important to you: If it is the size of the screen or the duration of the battery. This will allow you to change your options to choose from.
Do not discard the mid-range: It is possible to get very good phones that have the same functions as the more expensive ones by paying only a fraction of the cost of those more expensive phones.
Search offers: Check what discounts and promotions are available, especially during holidays or special dates. Also, check how many days we have to return the phone if we do not like it.
Last year: As with automobiles, last year’s equipment has very significant discounts and perhaps its benefits do not very much compare to the newer versions.
Touch the phone: Go to stores and check if we like the device in person. It is important to feel it and see if it is comfortable for us.
Applications: If you bought many applications on your current platform, Android or Apple iOs, it is important to continue on that platform or you will lose those purchases as they are not transferred from the platform.
Protection: Always protect the purchase with films for the screen, carcass or even insurance of loss, theft or accident.
Android vs iPhone
- It has the best map system and its assistant is excellent. The benefit is that Google offers many services of very high quality and usefulness.
- The biggest updates to the operating system occur in May. The most expensive phones usually receive the updates first.
- Updates reach all phones almost at the same time. Apple programs and applications tend to work better on these computers.
- The biggest updates of the iOS are in June and September.
- For those who are not high-tech, the sensor and the opening do not make much sense and it is difficult to understand what to look for. It’s that more megapixels are not always better. A 12MP camera can take better pictures than a 16MP camera. It happens that the amount of light that the camera can process is much more important.
- An 8MP camera like those brought by cheap phones is the most basic option. Those phones that have for example 2 cameras, the second one acts to generate depth of field and produces higher quality photos.
- Optical stabilization or OIS helps the photos do not go “moved”. This is especially useful in situations of low light quantity or when the object is in motion.
- Most midrange ademelier phones should be able to survive a day of use with a single charge. We will have to charge our phones at least once a day.
- Those with a capacity of 3,300mAh or more have a longer duration.
- Maps, music and location services consume large amounts of battery. Like keeping the brightness to the fullest.
- The octa-core processors are not always better than a quad-core (8 vs. 4 processors).
- The fingerprint scanner is one of the most useful functions to give security to our information and practicality to unlock our equipment.
- SD storage allows us to expand the memory capacity in our phone, especially if we save many photos and videos.
- Water resistance level IP67 or higher.
- Wireless charging that allows us to support our phone and forget to connect and disconnect chargers.
- Quality audio to use the equipment as a source of music reproduction, the speakers are essential.
- USB-C as a connector is the most modern standard in Android devices.
- Removable battery, not only to carry an extra battery but because they lose their useful life over time, we can discard old ones and buy new ones.
Questions we should ask ourselves
- Does the smartphone have a headphone jack? Some new equipment no longer includes this feature.
- What is the cost of repairs, for example, the screen?
- Is it locked or unlocked?
- Can we use it during trips by changing the SIM card?
- What does the guarantee include, should I buy extra coverage?
Lila Grace, the daughter of Kate Moss, stars for the first time on the cover of a British magazine
The heiress of the ex-supermodel of the 90s is the new image of “Dazed and Confused Magazine”, a publication specialized in fashion and beauty where the father of the centennial also works. At 16, he is also the face of Marc Jacobs Beauty
“Who’s that Girl?” is the question that titles the new cover of the fashion editorial that stars Lila Grace Moss, the daughter of 16 years of the very Kate Moss.
It is that this British teenager is already opening her wings and taking her own flight. Her first approach to the world that led her mother to superstardom, the top model of the 90s, was posing next to her on a cover of Vogue Italia two years ago. Later she was chosen by Marc Jacobs Beauty to be the image of her new beauty products and now she is the protagonist of the new cover of “Dazed and Confused Magazine”.
In this magazine, one of the most avant-gardes of Great Britain, works Jefferson Hack, his father, one of the journalist stars of the publication. The little Moss is the cover of the winter issue 2019.
A luxury team accompanied the centennial in the production: posed for the lens of fashion photographer Tim Walker; her styling was in charge of Katy England – also from her mother and one of her best friends; Syd Hayes, renowned for his work at British Vogue, and Lucy Bridge, creator of mostly unconventional art make-up, put on makeup.
The costumes by Katy England carried the signature of the French Céline. For the cover, she wore a polka dot dress with a giant bow, Bardot neckline. As a second change, the stylist chose an irregular dress with bell sleeves from Preen By Thornton Bregazzi in old pink and hat from National Theater Costume Hire. A third look consisted of a vintage style by Rachel Auburn for the Contemporary Wardrobe vintage clothing house. The last one was an asymmetrical dress signed by Louis Vuitton and heart-shaped hoops by Balenciaga. What is striking about his look? In the hairstyle looks a Barbie doll.
Johnny Depp’s daughter, Lily-Rose Depp, is also one of the most sought after in the fashion world, as well as Kaia Gerber, daughter of Cindy Crawford. Both triumphs being Chanel’s face in his last campaigns.
Will Lila Moss be the next most requested model of her generation?
Walking fast can lengthen life
Put on your shoes and go for a walk as fast as you can, because this simple exercise helps you stay fit and lengthen your health.
Who would say that we have at our fingertips the secret of our physical form? An investigation by the University of Sydney ensures that fast walking extends life. Come on, that our body is designed to walk, so that’s what we have to do at once if we want to keep fit.
Are not you a gym, or sports? Walk Do you take an hour to drive to your fitness class? Better go walking, or stop wasting time in absurd traffic jams and use it walking to keep your body and mind healthy. Yes, quick.
At least it is what suggests a research of the University of Sydney published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, which after analyzing the passage of more than 50,000 walkers, they realized that increasing the pace is associated with better cardiovascular health and lower mortality risk.
Researchers have found that walking at an average pace (neither too fast nor too slow) is generally associated with a 20% reduction in mortality risk. But if you walk at a brisk pace, you’re in luck, because fast walking reduces the risk of mortality to 24%. And it is that fast walking improves cardiovascular health, in addition to keeping us in shape thanks to the elimination of toxins and fats that it generates.
It is clear that walking is an exercise that everyone should do daily, but what we did not know is that if we increase the pace a bit, the benefits are much greater. But how do we know if we are walking fast enough to help us have a few more years of life?
The editor of the research, Emmanuel Stamatakis, a professor at the Center Charles Perkins of the University of Sydney and the School of Public Health of Australia, clears all our doubts:
“A faster pace is usually five to six kilometers per hour, but it really depends on the fitness levels for the walkers; An alternative indicator is to walk at a pace that makes you feel a little out of breath or generates sweating when it is sustained, ” explained Professor Stamatakis.
The research has been a collaboration between the Charles Perkins Center and the Faculty of Medicine and Health of the University of Sydney, the University of Cambridge, the University of Edinburgh, the University of Limerick and the University of Ulster. And it is one of the first investigations that pay attention to the step people usually walk with.
What is clear is that you can practice fast walking as a sport that will be very beneficial for your health and fitness, but if you also increase a little the pace with which you walk in your day to day, you will be giving an extra to your body and to your health. Of course, without stress and without giving up those wonderful quiet walks along the beach that you enjoy so much.
Also, know what LISS cardio is and how you can perform this type of gentle cardio training, closely related to fast walking, and discover these 1-minute exercise routines that work.
Tell us about your Questions
We Are Waiting!! 🙂
Put your Email address and your Comment below: